Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Critique: Week 6

This past week, I finalized my Global Journalist spread. I wasn't entirely happy with it because I didn't think it was my most creative work, but it is always nice to have work from different publications to show your ability to adapt to different styles. At the last minute, I ended up designing a second spread. It was pretty similar, but it put my mind at ease:





I also worked on and sent in an application for a internship with Southern Progress Corporation. I had an open interview with a representative from SPC when they came to campus last semester and fell in love with the opportunities their company had to offer. Ultimately, I applied for work in several different departments, but my heart is set on working in any of their art departments. I had to send in design samples, so I am glad to have had portfolio critiques last week in class. Thanks guys for offering your opinions just when I needed them!

This week, I have been working on a superhero illustration for Vox that will also be an interactive component online. I am really excited about this project because it will give me some experience working in flash and will definitely add another dimension to my portfolio. I will post it next week when it is complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment