Monday, February 02, 2009

Redesigns

After my cover was chosen from last week's competition, I worked with some of the more senior designers at Vox on turning it into a cover for the news stand. The experience was very educational, and hopefully will help me with cover assignments in the future. Here is the finished product:

After turning in a weak design for the assigned feature story, I have also redesigned that:This time, I found an interesting picture with dollar bills fading that I thought fit the current state of the economy, which is the basis for the story. After I finished, I realized the color was a lot like that on the cover I designed for Vox. I also managed to stick in some white space around the text to help it breathe. Now when I look back at my old design, I can't believe I didn't include any!

No comments:

Post a Comment